It is always in season for old men to learn. -Aeschylus
To foster our students development we maintain a collaborative effort with our families. In order to be effective educators we offer the following:
- Daily communication via written daily sheets and a summary of the days events.
- Monthly Teacher In-Home Visits to bridge the gap between school and home.
- Monthly Parents Night Out to create quality time for adults.
- Holiday Breakfast Parties to mingle with students friends, families, and teachers.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences in the Fall and Spring to discuss children's development and provide an assessment.
- Fall & Spring Festivals to celebrate the seasons with our students classmates and families.
- Kindergarten Information Night to share local schools Kindergarten option and standards.
- A 7-week Parenting Group for families to learn & discuss child development topics.
One of our school's objectives is to educate and support families with young children. Here are links we recommend:
- National Association for the Education of Young Children: http://families.naeyc.org/
- Parenting the Preschooler: http://fyi.uwex.edu/parentingthepreschooler/
- Parenting Handbook: http://www.steppublishers.com/products/books/early-childhood-step-participants-handbook
- The Common Core State Standards and Developmentally Appropriate Practices: Creating a Relationship :http://www.naeyc.org/files/naeyc/image/public_policy/Focus%20Kinder_chapter5_copyright_RS%20%283%29.pdf