Please take the time to find the right school for your child. Here is a helpful checklist.
Quality and Learning
- Do the teacher/child ratios allow for individualized care?
- Is the teacher warm, caring and respectful?
- Does the teacher use positive discipline?
- Is there sufficient space provided?
- Are there quiet/active and indoor/outdoor activities?
- Are the materials age-appropriate, in good repair, and available?
- Does the teacher understand how children learn?
- Does the teacher pursue training?
- Are children happy and engaged?
Health and Safety
- Are the meals and snacks nutritious?
- Is the school safe and clean?
- Are toys/activities appropriate, interesting, well-rounded, and plentiful?
- Is the school prepared for emergencies?
- Is the school secure with multiple barriers?
- Is the teacher easy to talk to?
- Do the policies meet your needs?
- Do the methods of discipline fit your values?